Thursday, June 9, 2011

YES, I FEEL JEALOUS : BUT ..---.....(MF HUSAIN)

Times of India , Colgate,; Friday , 10 june, 2001.; p-11
"Never ived in sef-exile' -Husein said in last interview
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He" left India in 2005 (not 2006 as widely reported) mainly to per sue three projects and because of controversy"
.....'I am an Oversea Citizen of India (O.C.I ). I can go any time to India. ... There is no ban On me'
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT :
: Yes ! he was was one of the greatest Painters of India and perhaps , more famous than any among his own rank , if it was not climbing the ladder .of FAME and Success through controversy like the practice of many top class Hollywood stars of olden days.

I am an honest admirer of M.F Husein and ,I admit, I envy him and his skill. But I also wish - he did present ,at least one ' Nude sketch/Painting' of prophet Mu hammed , even by mistake ! . And then, I would have adored him as an Artist-of Divine-gift.
But he did not. May be he had is right to choose his 'subject'. But he had no right to hurt the feeling of 99 percent non-artist devotees of another religion.

There even , NAZRUL of 'Bengal had the Right but he did not and would not.
------------------------------------------------
It is said - Real Art must lift up the SOUL of all and not hurt them nor incite their lower mind ; -but involve them for expanding -illumination.

ART is not a Scholastic Romance for fame and success only, nor for a few thriving Critics .

No comments:

Post a Comment