Monday, April 20, 2015

REMEMBER MYSELF SOME -- - - - :

The  TIMES  OF   INDIA  , CALCUTTA,                                                                          TUESDAY;21/04/2015; Page  5
================================================================
I am   5  years   younger  than  the  (above )  great  gentleman.
In  1945 , I  was  a   student    of   class  IX  of   B.M . SCHOOL, BARISAL , Dist.(  Now  BANGLADESH.
There  came   an  'INA  -  soldier ' of War -Time   to   give  us  training in  Physical  Discipline   and  he  told  us  a   story  that  I  can  never  forgot  .
His  story ;
While   in  Singapore  in  those   early  1940-s   and  while    a   soldier   of  INA  ,  Netaji  came   once  came   to  him   and   just  placed  his  leftt  hand    on  his  Rt. Shoulder  as  a  token  of  his  love /  affection ,he said .
And  ever  since  he has  not   allowed   any  one   else   touch  that  ' holy  place ' of  his  shouder.
and  while  telling  this , his  voice  broke  . and  I  was  only  15  on  the   scale  of  my  age  and  remember  it still.
Now  apart :
In  1930 -s  there was  a  100 %  Democratic   Election   of   CONGRESS   PARTY  for  Party  -Presidency  and  Subhas  Ch. Bose  contested  that   post  against  Pt, Sitaramaya   who  was  a CANDITAE  proposed  by  M.K  Gandhi  himself  and   Subhas  Bose  defeated  him  .
 Mr  Gandhi  could not   accept  this   RESULT   even  with  his  magnanimous  Personality  and  with  his   respect  for  DEMOCRATIC PROCESS  .
Gandhi  Declared  :' Sitaramaya's  defeat is  my   DEFEAT '.

That    started  the   Process  of   sad  separation   and  the  story  of  Birth  of' ' FORWARD  BLOCK '
    and  maybe , Subhash  Bose   then    planned  another  path  for   attaining  FREEDOM    for  the  COUNTRY.
I  also   think , both  Gandhi   and  Nehru   were in  part    responsible  in  Partition  of  the  Nation  and also  in  culmination  of   '  Communal  -divides '    in the  process    of   gaining   Independence  for  India .
 .And here  I  should  stop  as  I  think , I am  an ' alien '  in Politics.
Writing  down  with  help  of  my  Memory  and  Personal  feeling .
======================================================
NOW : the   other  shade :
NO !
 I think ,   I am  no  'Bhakta ' of   GANDHI   though  I  admire  his  Talent  and  Political  Skill  and  final Luck  ;  along    with  my  bad  luck   as a ' REFUGEE ' .
Nor  I think ;  he  was    a  'Mahatama',  the  title  that  Rabindranath    personally  bestowed  on him  lavishly( gaining   I  believe , "Gurudev" -title   in  return .)
= = = = = = = = = == = = == = = == = =
In VEDANTA  ( Brihadaranyaka ; Bazra  section ) it  is  said :  of    three  types   of  evolving  men   only    those who  have   full  ' SELF-CONTROL'  can  claim  to  be   'godly ' [ or  Mohaatmaa  ,- in my  view ]  and  Gandhi  could  not  prove  it  on  the   night  of his     father's  Death (his   own  admission  in  Autobiography ).
 So   I  think , I  have  my right  to  my  own  opinion .
  ________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment